It’s been a while since we’ve had a “Stuff I Like” chat and I’m always interested in what other people are enjoying, so I thought I’d share a few of my recent favs with you.
First, beauty products (wow I know, such a surprise!) Here are three simple mid-summer night’s dream picks, to lift your spirits:
- Glossier’s Coconut Balm Dotcom -it’s like a warm, breezy tropical vacation for your smile! Here’s 10% off, for added happiness (just copy and paste into your browser) 👉 http://bff.glossier.com/jAYHV
- Essie’s 1003 Bare With Me -always on the hunt for a great nude/rose polish and this one works for summer just fine. Would look fab with medium to dark tan toned skin.
- Redken’s Sea Salt spray -there’s a million wave sprays out there, but most of ’em make my hair too dry. This one works, smells nice, and keeps my hair feeling soft. No heat styling = win!
Next up we have books, because hashtag always reading:
- The Core -if you’re following our homeschooling journey, you know that we’ve enrolled our boys with Classical Conversations. This book is written by the brilliant woman who founded CC and honestly, it was exactly what I needed to digest in order to get the vision and passion for classical education. If you’re interested in the classical method, this is the perfect place to start!
- Jesus Among Secular Gods -Ravi Zacharias is probably my favorite living theologian/apologetist because he is a brilliant man, who can break down extremely cerebral ideas to conversational level, and who sincerely loves Jesus and other people. In this book he partners with Vince Vitale and tackles the competing “isms” of our day, which makes it ideal if you’re looking to brush up on your apologetics.
Finally, what I’m watching -beware I have weird/nerdy taste:
- HBO’s John Adams (we’re using Amazon Prime, but you might be able to find it at the library!) So this United States of ours is in the throws of growing pains, much like a petulant toddler, and irregardless of what side of the political isle you fall on, things have been a little tense. Enter this one season hit, all about our second president and the founding of our nation, and it helps to put our hour on the clock into perspective. We are in an important moment, yes, but man, these guys had some serious weight on their shoulders and the heated “discussions” to make for great historical t.v.
- Twitter, because our political climate is nutso and I love to follow *the most* sarcastic profiles to make it…um, interesting.
I’m working on building a summer Spotify playlist that I’m calling Southern Summer because it is a delightful mix of 90’s country, some folk/bluegrass, Southern rock, and soul. Just some tunes to throw on when you’re grilling out on the patio and the kids are running around the yard in their swimsuits, covered in popsicle juice. Enjoy 🙂
Stay cool, ya’ll! ☀