As crazy as this sounds, I’ve been blogging for FOUR YEARS. Whatttt?!!
This little corner of the internet has surprised me in many ways:
- it has brought connections and friendships that I’d never otherwise have
- it has been instrumental in helping me to absorb what I’m learning in school (and synthesize it through writing)
- it has been my main creative outlet
- and perhaps most importantly, it has forced me to view myself as a Real Writer™.
The past four years of blogging has in no way been a cakewalk (side note-isn’t that the most fun phrase? I want to go to a cakewalk…) and there have been plenty of times that I’ve cried to my husband that I should just quit doing it entirely. But those days were few and (thankfully) far between.
Blogging isn’t for the faint of heart. Even though the world of web development and content creation is changing at a breakneck pace, most of us are out here just trying to keep our head above water while we pour out our heart to the friend on the other side of the screen.
I have big dreams for what I’d love to see this space become, but for now it is good enough to keep showing up and doing the daily work. So (for my own sake and yours) I keep my head down and my fingertips tapping away on the keys. As the great and wry Flannery O’Conner stated it,
“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.”
Simply put, this space is still under construction in some ways. It’s moving in a direction that I like, but at a much slower pace than feels ideal. There are a few design elements I need to wrestle down until I can get it right (web design is at the bottom of my favorite list) but for now, I’m so happy that you are here. If you haven’t already, go ahead and get on my VIP List, where I send out a monthly dose of encouragement for living coram Deo.
Since we’re at the ripe ol’ age of FOUR (snack time is definitely still a thing, right?), I’ve pulled together a few memorable posts from the past for you to enjoy. Happy reading!
- Advice that still holds up: 4 Ways to Get Work Done
- A bit of my personal story: Remember Where You Once Were
- Why I don’t play the identity politics game: Is Intersectionality Compatible with the Gospel?
- That one time I did a month long style challenge: Style Me September
Thanks again for reading and virtually hanging out with me. Before you go, do you mind heading over to my Insta and giving a follow? Let me know that you came through the blog and I’ll send you a fun little treat!
3 thoughts on “Words on the Internet: My Fourth Blogiversary”
Wow, four years is a great milestone! Am glad that this endeavour had turned out great for you. I use my blog to keep my creative gears oiled myself, and it really does more wonders than I’d expected it to. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Stuart! It really is a great tool to keep the writing mind in shape. Cheers to your journey as well!
LikeLiked by 1 person